- PGDM Approved by AICTE, Accredited by NBA and Granted Equivalence to MBA by AIU
Why pursue PGDM/MBA in Marketing?
Dr. Gajender Sharma
Marketing happens to be the most vibrant and dynamic discipline. There are number of reasons for it. First and Foremost, whatever you see happening in and around you in the market, you happen to study the same. In marketing theoretical component is 30 percent and application are 70 percent. Due to which student do not have to cram it, it becomes a part of his life.
You talk about celebrities, be it a sport star or a film actor or actress, every one is indulged in endorsing some or the other brand.
Everyone is involved in marketing or branding himself or herself. If we ask pocket money from our parents. What exactly, we are doing. We are selling our idea. We are marketing ourselves. So, marketing is multidimensional and multifaceted.
Marketing is an ever-evolving field. Although every field has ample scope for innovation, in Marketing innovation is the only key to survival.
Marketing has endless scope. Since no Business can thrive without Marketing…the opportunities are endless.
The three key skills required are: Strategic thinking & analytical skills, interpersonal & communication skills & teamwork.
The three key skills required in MBA Marketing are: Strategic thinking & analytical skills, interpersonal & communication skills & teamwork.
An MBA in Marketing/ PGDM in Marketing can help you get a job promotion and qualify for management and executive positions in your current company. Since postgraduate business programs emphasize developing leadership and communication skills, graduates can advance to marketing positions with great ease.
Whether you are interested in sales, business development, media and entertainment, advertisement, brand management, or even general management, these skills form the heart of any senior-level role. Technology has further augmented the marketing world, adding new creative areas and innovative job profiles to the mix.
A master’s degree can provide a significant boost to your compensation package. According to Pay scale, the annual salary for holders of an MBA in marketing ranges from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 20 lakh, depending on the seniority, company, and sector.
The typical MBA/PGDM in Marketing is structured to prepare candidates with the ‘core’ business coursework and supplement that understanding with marketing-specific electives.
On the other hand, the elective courses zero in on topics like market research, consumer behavior, product management, brand management, strategic selling, and promotional campaign management.
As a marketing manager, you may have to analyze the demand for a particular product or perform a Cost-Volume-Profit analysis to determine the break-even point. Here, candidate’s B-school teachings will come handy. Therefore, the program is designed to equip candidate with a strong foundational knowledge of business administration and marketing concepts. And this learning can be applied across different industries and career fields.
MBA/PGDM in marketing equip candidates required skill set, which are quite necessary in the corporate world.
Candidate can play the role of following positions in an industry:
- Marketing Manager
- Brand manager
- Asset Management
- Corporate sales
- Market Research Analyst
- Sales Manager
- Media Planner
- Product Manager
- Head of Digital Marketing
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Ability to Convince another person
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to perform market research and analysis
Students of MBA/PGDM marketing can spotted from a crowd. These people are outspoken, extrovert, outgoing, ambitious and very good in interpersonal skills.
Career Opportunities for PGDM Marketing/ MBA in Marketing
- Brand manager.
- Sales manager.
- Market research analyst.
- Digital marketing.
- Business development manager.
- Public relations manager.
- Customer relationship management personnel.
- Marketing information personnel.
- Product manager
- Campaign manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Market intelligence manager
- Social media marketing manager
- People to look after digital marketing, PPC Campaign, Online Reputation Manager, Google Adwords Practitioner, Search Engine Marketing Manager
What Makes PGDM Marketing/ MBA in marketing a sought-after specialization?
- 1. First and Foremost, reason is placement. Every year, every company needs marketing and sales professionals.
- 2. Since ages it is a hot favourite for the reason, it is the most dynamic and vibrant
- 3. Marketing is everything and everything is marketing. Everyone needs marketing.
- 4. Salary is very attractive
- 5. Career growth is tremendous
- 6. One of the best things about the PGDM in marketing/ MBA in Marketing course is that it lets you be a part of any industry. Marketing is needed by all businesses to tell customers about their products and services. Therefore, as a PGDM in marketing graduate, you can choose the industry you like, and make a long fulfilling career.
- 7. As industry will grow at the same time need for marketing professionals will grow
- 8. Best part of this course is that it is a multi-faceted specialization. Be it paints, FMCG, consumer durable, pharmaceuticals. Garments, retail, hotels or industrial products. Everywhere there is a need for marketing professionals.
- 9. Alike other specialization, in marketing also both boyz and girls can do wonders. Now girls are coming out and they are shining in the corporate sector like anything. There used to be a time where marketing was not meant for girls. Nowadays it is open both for males and females.
- 10. Marketing always fascinates youngsters. Because in marketing everyday is a new challenge and has excitement.
- 11. Those who are interested in travelling would love to join marketing
- 12. Boys and girls those who are good in communication and are extrovert would love to join marketing.
- 13. In marketing you are supposed to be a book worm, and this thing attracts lot of applicants towards this discipline
In this VUCA World. We need modern thinking and creativity to handle volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity. PGDM Marketing offers a kind of threshold from where we handle these challenges effectively and efficiently.
Marketing is not only a discipline or domain, it is a mindset, an attitude, a thought process and a way of life. In nut shell PGDM Marketing or MBA Marketing should be taken by those youngsters those who possess the follow traits or qualities.
- 1. You are an extrovert
- 2. You love travelling
- 3. Communication is your forte
- 4. You are a social person
- 5. You have no reservation while socializing with people
- 6. You possess good interpersonal skills
- 7. You are a team player
- 8. You love accepting challenges
- 9. You understand that you should be open for relocation
- 10. You have no apprehension in sales
The MBA/PGDM in marketing prepares you for more than careers in marketing. Some of the career options will include consulting, entrepreneurial careers, and general management. The marketing MBA teaches skills you use in any field. You learn skills such as mathematics, communications, analytical, and, of course, management. A marketing manager knows so much that they can go to many different companies and not do the same job.
In an empirical survey it was seen that the people those who are at the helm of the organisations. Eighty percent of them are people from marketing background.