International Conference on Global Financial and Business Environment (ICGFBE)
Date: July 10-11, 2020. Venue: NDIM, New Delhi, India
The capital markets across the globe have gone under radical changes and received much focus since the financial crisis in 2008. In the recent times the commodity markets and other derivatives such as carbon emissions and the cryptocurrency markets have also emerged and are being traded globally. The central banks and regulatory authorities have been cautious and introduced a number of policy reforms with the objective of finding fine balance between prudent regulations and free markets to meet the emerging challenges faced in the financial capital markets. The vitality of the markets is crucial for sustainable economic growth and efficient allocation of scarce resources.
Global markets are changing rapidly and are becoming more interdependent in all its aspects. This interdependence of the markets and the pace of changes that are taking place globally requires engagement with the global community of experts. Similarly the corporate reliance and dependence on global financial markets in the emerging economies have increased significantly in view of the cost and risk consciousness of variety of financial products and financing options available in the markets. The challenges too are manifold in terms of regulatory aspects, expanded opportunities and changing role of financial institutions. With the rapid development in business and technology, enterprises are now facing escalating competitions and vague opportunities. How to assist enterprises in gaining competitive advantages through technological and managerial innovations has become a crucial issue for both academicians and practitioners.
Objective of the conference is to bring together experts in the field of finance, business, policymakers, researchers and other stakeholders holders to deliberate of emerging issues in the field to inform future directions.
Probable outcome is robust discussions on the relevant issues and the presentations will be published in the conference proceedings. Some of the presented papers at the conference will be published in the journals represented at the conference.
Need for this conference With the rapidly changing global environment there is a need for these robust discussions on these issues. India has been lagging in academic debate and international conferences and with its emerging position in the global economic environment Indian institutions are in a unique position to host conferences of this nature. It is also our civic and academic responsibility to host such gatherings to further the cause of research
Theme and sub themes of conference This conference brings academics, regulators and other participants in the financial markets to provide useful inputs on the future growth of Financial Markets beyond 2020. To widen the scope of deliberations, the following are the suggested topics for the conference. These topics are only indicative and the conference welcome submissions in all areas of finance and economics.
1. Asset Allocation/Sovereign Funds/Hedge Funds/ETFs/SWFs
2. Banking & Financial Services/Investment Banking
3. BRICS, Emerging Markets, and other Up and Coming Economies
4. Country Risk/Debt Issues/Insurance/Reinsurance
5. India and Global Finance and Global Economy
6. Corporate Governance/Executive Compensation
7. Derivatives/Financial Engineering
8. Financial Markets integration/Linkages/Segmentation
9. Marketing of financial products and services
10. Foreign Currency Issues – Monetary Economics
11. Global Financial Crises, Imbalances, SRI, CSR
12. Interest-Free Banking/Islamic Finance/Banking
13. IPOs/SEOS/Stock buybacks/Privatization
14. Market Behaviour Efficiency/Inefficiency
15. Mergers and Acquisitions/Corporate and State SWFs
16. Portfolio Flows and Foreign Direct Investment
17. Valuation/Pricing of financial products
18. Starts ups failures and success, sustainable environment
19. Entrepreneurship/Venture Capital
20. Ethics/Legal/Regulatory and Taxation Issues
21. Economics of waste water management
22. Carbon markets
23. Personal Financial Planning
24. Financial inclusion including JanDhan yojana
25. Big data, AI, Machine learning and open Crypto
26. E-Business/E-Finance/M-Finance/Social Media and Financial Services
27. E-Learning-Education in the Area of finance and business- Best Practices
28. Different Aspects of marketing in VUCA world
29. Different Aspects of HRM in VUCA world
Set up in 1992, NDIM is Approved by the AICTE, Govt. of India, since 1996 for imparting Govt. of India’s Full Time 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Management which was declared equivalent to MBA by the AICTE, Govt. of India, in 2008. NDIM was ‘Accredited’ by the Government of India’s ‘National Board of Accreditation’ as early as in 2004 and is among very few ‘Internationally Accredited’ MBA schools of India with “Premier College Status” by the international accrediting body of Great Britain, ASIC, U.K., a rare international recognition in this part of the world, which opens up large opportunities for NDIM graduates in Europe and other ASIC accredited institutions worldwide.
NDIM is the only B-school which is ranked as ‘Best Industry-Linked Management Institute of India’ by the AICTE (Govt. of India) and CII for 3 years in a row for 2017, 2018 and 2019. NDIM has now been elevated and declared as the first and the only “Mentor Institute” in India, to mentor and guide other Institutions by AICTE and CII. Rated among Best MBAs of India by KPMG and PwC; “Most Illustrious Brand-Making India Proud”-Mail Today; “Industry Interface” best in India by AIMA & Business Standard (bracketed with IIMs); Known for : 100% “Finest Placements”, “International Accreditation” and 74 faculty drawn from 240 industries & 24 international universities. Distinguished Board includes Presidents of FICCI, PHDCCI, IOD, IICC, and DGs of NHRDN, UNGC. One of the only 2 MBA schools of India chosen by the Government of India for Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon 2017 and 2018 (Govt. of India’s Biggest Digital Revolution & World’s Largest Start-up Movement to create 25000 start-ups both in 2017 and 2018). India campus of AIT Thailand for DBA Program.
Dr Justin Paul, a former faculty member with the University of Washington, is currently a full professor of PhD & MBA programs, University of Puerto Rico, USA and a ‘Distinguished Scholar’ with IIM- K, India’s premier business school. He is known as an author/co-author of books such as Business Environment (4th ed), International Marketing, Services Marketing, Export-Import Management (2nd edition) by McGraw-Hill & Oxford University Press respectively. Dr. Paul serves as Senior/Guest/Associate Editor with the International Business Review, Journal of Business research, European Management Journal, Services Industries Journal, Journal of Strategic Marketing, European Bus Review, Journal of Retailing & Consumer Services, Small Bus Economics, Business Ethics: European review, Journal of Promotion Management & International Journal of Emerging Markets. Dr. Paul introduced Masstige model and measure for brand mgmt, CPP Model for internationalization of firms, and 7-P Framework for International Marketing. His articles have been downloaded over 550,000 times during last five years. He has also served as a faculty member of Nagoya University, Japan and IIM. In addition, he has taught full courses at Aarhus University- Denmark, Grenoble Eco le de Management-& Universite De Versailles -France, University-Lithuania, Warsaw -Poland and has conducted research development workshops in countries such as Austria, USA, Spain, Croatia, China. He has been a Program Director for training diplomats from different countries and also holds an honorary title- as Professor of Eminence at a Govt University . He has been an invited speaker at several institutions such as University of Chicago, Fudan & UIBE-China, Barcelona and Madrid and has published over 50 research papers in SSCI journals and bestselling case studies with Ivey & Harvard.
Prof. Anuradha Basu is Professor of Entrepreneurship, School of Global Innovation and Leadership, Lucas College & Graduate School of Business, and Director of the Silicon Valley Center for Entrepreneurship, at San Jose State University (SJSU), California. Prior to joining SJSU, Dr. Basu was Associate Professor at the University of Reading’s Business School, and Founder-Director of its Centre for Entrepreneurship. During 2002-03, she was a Visiting Scholar at the Stanford Center for International Development, Stanford University. She is an internationally recognized researcher in entrepreneurship and has published several books and peer-reviewed journal articles on immigrant entrepreneurs, culture and entrepreneurship, family enterprise, and entrepreneurship education. Professor Basu holds PhD and MPhil degrees in Economics from the University of Cambridge, England, an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, and a BA (Honours) degree in Economics from St. Stephens’ College, University of Delhi, India. Before moving into academia, Dr. Basu worked on the international management staff of Bank of America in India and the UK.
Dr Rakesh Gupta works at Griffith University and teaches Finance and Investments at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Dr Gupta has an extensive research portfolio and has published more than 60 papers in journals of international standing. His research is frequently cited in academic journals and professional publications including class action litigation against Satyam Computer Services Ltd. (by LabatonSucharow during 2008). One of his recent papers in the area of managed funds research has been awarded best paper for the year 2012. He is frequently invited to present seminars by universities worldwide, e.g. University of St Thomas and Baruch College in the USA. Renmin University, Xiamen University, Dalian University of Technology and Nankai University in China and Indian Institute of Management in india. He is currently a non-resident senior research fellow at Changchun Institute of Financial Studies at Renmin University Beijing an independent think tank and HaiTian scholar at Dalian University of technology.Dr Rakesh Gupta is considered a thought leader in the area of Investments and personal finance. Dr Gupta is founding editor and co-editor of Financial Planning Research Journal and on the editorial of number of international journals such as Indian Journal of Finance, Delhi Business Review. DIAS Technologies and on the organising committee of number of international conferences; e.g. Global Finance Conference and Personal Finance and Investments. He has presented specialist lectures in India, China, Vietnam, South Africa and the USA. He is well regarded in Australia and doctoral students around the world actively seek his supervision for their doctoral research projects. Dr Gupta completed his undergraduate degree in science (B.Sc.), prior to completing an MBA in finance, M.Com in accounting & finance and earning a doctorate (PhD) with his research in the emerging market diversification.
Dr. Dung V. Tran is a lecturer of Finance at the faculty of Banking, Deputy Director of the Saigon International School of Business of Banking University Ho Chi Minh city (BUH), and a non-resident Fellow of IPAG Business School in Paris, France. He has been a visiting scholar at the University of Alberta, University Laval (Canada), University of New Orleans (US), University of Kent (UK) among others. He has taught derivatives, risk management, and quantitative methods classes at both MSc and undergraduate levels. His research covers a variety of topics related to financial institutions and empirical corporate finance, including capital structure, dividend policy, bank risk taking behaviors, earnings management, systemic risk among others. Dung has published research articles in leading journals including Economic Modelling, Research in International Business and Finance, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Singapore Economic Review, International Journal of Economics & Finance, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting. He has received the Best Paper Award in Financial Institutions in 45th Southwestern Finance Association (SWFA) Annual Meeting, USA (2018), and has been among the Top 10% of authors on SSRN (2018).
Dr. Suneel K. Maheshwari working at Indiana University of Pennsylvania as a Professor at the Department of Accounting. At IUP, he is also leading efforts for separate AACSB accounting accreditation, which once achieved will place the Department of Accounting in the top 200 Accounting Departments world over. Prior to joining IUP, Dr. Maheshwari worked at Marshall University, Huntington, WV for 16 years. He also served as an interim division head for the division at Marshall. He completed his Ph.D. in Accounting with a supporting concentration in Finance from Florida Atlantic University in1998. In 1991, he received a Master’s in Accountancy degree with a double major in taxation from Miami University, Ohio, USA. Dr. Maheshwari got his first master’s degree from University of Bombay in1987 with specialization in finance. In the last 10 years, Dr. Maheshwari has published over 25 articles in several refereed journals. Suneel’s research interests include executive compensation, International markets, Activity Based Costing, ethical issues, and interdisciplinary applications. Dr. Maheshwari is a co-author of over 25 textbooks in accounting and two reference books. Textbooks are primarily used in the Indian subcontinent. In the past, Dr. Maheshwari also taught at Miami University, Ohio and Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Fl. He was a visiting instructor at Palm Beach Atlantic College and Palm Beach Community College in Florida. Dr. Maheshwari has done cost management consulting work for several firms in the US and currently serves on the Advisory Board for a company ExpenseAssist. In India, he also worked as a management consultant for about two years with Tata Consultancy Services.
Dr Di Mo is a Lecturer in Finance at School of Economics, Finance and Marketing, RMIT university. Her research interests lay in volatility estimation and forecasting, commodity futures, alternative investments, empirical asset pricing and renewable energy.She received a Ph.D. in Finance and a B.Com with First Class Honours. Her research has been published in journals including Energy Economics, Economic Modelling and Managerial Finance.
Serhii Lyeonov, is Professor in Department of Finance, Banking and Insurance, Sumy University, Ukrain. Earlier to this he was in the ukrainian academy of banking of the national bank of ukraine as vice rector and head chair of finance. His papers are published in various journals. His subjects are banking and finance. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal FMIR.
- Oral Presentation
- Virtual Presentation
Best Paper Award
one paper from each technical session will be awarded best paper award. The Best Papers will be announced at valedictory session of conference.
Benefits of Attending this Conference
- A fabulous opportunity to interact with fellow academics,
- An opportunity to see firsthand something of one of the fastest growing economies,
- Academics will be able to enhance their research skills and new research areas.
- A chance to present your paper and have it appraised and discussed by fellow academics
- The papers accepted for presentations at the conference will be further evaluated for possible submission to the journals collaborating with our conference.
|Deadline for Early Bird Discount||March 31, 2020|
|Deadline for submitting abstract||April 30 , 2020|
|Deadline for submitting papers||May 25, 2020|
|Notification of acceptance||14 days after Submission|
|Conference dates||July 10-11, 2020|
The abstract of conference papers will be published in the Conference Booklet. Further, A number of international recognized journals will be represented at the conference and discussions with the editors are ongoing. Details of these journals are available on conference website. Arrangements are also finalized with many journals like Finance India Journal (ABDC & SCOPUS indexed http://www.financeindia.org/fi.htm) for a special issue covering selected papers meeting their quality norms and Asian Journal of Economics and Banking (http://hcm-hn.conference-econ-buh-bav-rist.vn/trang-chu.html) and Indian Journal of Finance, Indian Journal of marketing. There are more than ten journals which are ABDC, SCOPUS & UGC -CARE listing agreed to accept the papers presented at conference and agreed to publish after the review of paper. Other journals are given below and many more to be partner for conference Delhi Business Review, DIASS Technology Review, IFJ and FPRJ.
|Participants||Research Scholars||Academicians||Industry||Non authors|
|India & SAARC countries||INR.2,000||INR.7,000||INR.9,000||1000|
|Other Foreign countries||USD 75||USD 150||USD 200||$50|
Guidelines for Submission of Manuscript
- Authors are requested to submit the abstract/ Full paper at easy chair link:
- The manuscript should be in MS-word format. Manuscript must be double spaced, with 1-inch margins with “Times New Roman, font size 12, black”.
- In the first page of the paper (Cover page) , please provide full names ( first, middle and last names) and full addresses (Institute’s address along with designation and correspondence address) along with email address of the author(s). The author’s name or affiliations should not appear anywhere else in the body of the manuscript to facilitate in blind peer review process.
- The actual paper should commence from the second page containing the title followed by the abstract, keywords and the main paper. The paper should have an Introduction, literature review, objectives, research gaps, methodology, limitations / scope for future work, conclusion.
- The abstract, followed by relevant keywords should not be more than 250 words and should adequately describe the work and highlight its significance. The abstract should only include text. Avoid the use of abbreviations and references in the abstract.
- The manuscript should not be more than 5500 words including tables, figures, and appendix given at the end. Headings and subheadings must be short and not numbered. The primary heading should be in capitalized form (upper case), and bold face. The sub-headings should be in title-case capitalization (first letter of each word in capital) and in bold.
- Table should be numbered consecutively. The title of the table should be placed above the table. The source should be indicated at the bottom.
- Figures/ diagrams/ graphs should be numbered consecutively. Wherever necessary, the source should be indicated at the bottom. The figures should also be given relevant titles. Figures, diagrams and pictures should have good quality images preferably in JPEG Format.
- References should be included at the end of the paper and arranged in alphabetical order. The references must follow the style guide of the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition.
- The paper should not have been presented / published previously. It should also not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Please note that in order to verify originality, your article may be checked by the originality detection service.
- Authors needing assistance should contact conference convener.
Authors who have an account with easy chair can submit their paper through it and authors who do not have easy chair account have to create one. https://easychair.org/conferences/
Chief Patron : Dr. V M Bansal (Chairman NDIM)
- Dr. Justin Paul
- Dr. Rakesh Gupta
- Dr. Anurag Agnihotri,
- Dr. Gauri Modwel,
- Dr. J K Mitra
- Prof. A.K Singh, VC Sri Sri University, Cuttack Odisha
- Prof. D P Agrawal, UPSC,
- Prof. R K Singh, Dean, Faculty of Commerce, University of Delhi,
- Dr. Sunil Maheshwari, (USA)
- Dr. Anuradha Basu, (USA)
- Dr. Amita Gupta (USA)
- Dr. Di Mo Min ( Australia, RMIT),
- Dr. Dung V Tran (Taiwan),
- Dr. Pratap Mohanty (IIT Roorkee),
- Mrs. Pankaj Mittal, AIU
- Serhii Lyeonov SUMY University (Ukraine),
- Dr. Inderjeet Dagar, Principal College of vocational Studies DU
- Prof. ( Dr.) M B Shukla MG Kashi Vidyapeeth , Varanasi
- Prof. Kamal Kundra,
- Dr. Rinku Dixit,
- Prof. Abha Grover ,
- Prof. Sonal Gulati,
- Prof. Atul Rawat
- Prof. Dr. Sanjeev Mittal, GGSIPU
- Dr. Arati Basu, NDIM
- Prof. N Ravichandran, Jamia Hamdard University
- Prof. Ashish Chandra, Department of commerce, DU
- Prof. Abhishek Singh, HOD, Management BIT
- Prof. Sunil Gupta , USMS, IGNOU
- Prof. Mamta Mohapatra, IMI
- Prof. P.K. Gupta, CMS, JMI
- Prof. Kanhaiya Singh, Institute of Business Management, GLA University
Note: The paper submission link will be operational very soon.