NDIM hosts Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon 2018: 30 & 31 March 2018
Smart India Hackathon has been a big hit among the corporate and industry professionals in Delhi and NCR region. Inaugurated by the HRD minister Prakash Javedakar and R Subramanyam, Secretary, Higher Education, MHRD on 30 March at NDIM campus, the Hackathon saw a big turnout of top CEOs and digital leaders during the 36 hours of hackathon showing their keen interest in learning from the young scholars from across the country. Smart India Hackathon was organized for the second time by the Ministry of HRD under the futuristic vision of the Prime Minister of India. The grand finale was held at 28 nodal centers across the country and has become the world’s largest open innovation model.
Addressing the participants at the NDIM campus in Tughlakabad and simultaneously at all the other 27 centers through video conferencing, the minister highlighted that more than 1 lakh students from more than 1200 colleges participated in this second edition of the Hackathon and 8000 finalists were working at finding digital solutions to problem statements of 27 ministries and 17 State governments.
NDIM has recently been rated as the best Management School in India for the finest industry connect and placements by A.I.C.T.E , CII and the ASSOCHAM and its support to Hackathon participants will go a long way in boosting the morale of over one lac participants.
Some of the achievements of NDIM during Smart India Hackathon 2018 were:-
- There was an august gathering of many luminaries together during inaugural ceremony. While Hon’ble Minister of HRD Sh Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the hackathon, other dignitaries included Sh R. Subrahmanyam, Secretary (Higher Education), MHRD, Sh Anand Deshpande, CEO & Founder, Persistent Systems and Dileep Malkhede, Executive Secretary, Smart India Hackathon 2018.
- 115 CEOs and senior leaders from industry visited the campus during the 36 hours of Hackathon.
- NDIM students actively participated in publicizing the hackathon on their social media channels. Nearly 50 videos have been uploaded on the NDIM YouTube channel of speeches of dignitaries and video bytes of prominent leaders from the industry.
- The event also received lot of positive media coverage esp. in online media. Some of the prominent media organisanisations whose journalists visited our campus included UNI, Aaj Tak, DD News, Dainik Jagran, Amar Ujala, Computer Express etc.
- The closing ceremony and prize distribution function also had a gathering of prominent personalities. Dr MP Poonia, Vice Chairman, AICTE inaugurated the session and was joined by Dr RK Soni, Director AICTE and Dr. Gopichand Katragadda, CTO, Tata Group.
- Many mentors and hackathon participants appreciated the hospitality of NDIM. One jury member said that NDIM volunteers are the best in the world.
NDIM is glad to contribute to this nation building initiative which is fostering innovation and solving national problems through private public partnership and collaboration.